With my 3 or 4 hours of play time today I decided to make the metal that didn't look like a belt knife go away on that bit of bar stock I had outlined. It turned out pretty much like this picture. Talk about you basic pile of metal shavings... man. My bench grinder was hot as fire when I was done. I used the belt sander to smooth the profile and trimmed a bit more here and there.
The result fits my hand very well. I have some Amboyna picked out and some brass pins. I think this will come out nicely. I've started the beveling with the file jig and the file. It's come along very well. More when I have it. Time to watch Entourage.