Last week on Wednesday I got out to hunt. I shot. Some fell. Some ran. Woods, bugs, guns... now that that's all covered, let's talk about something more fun this week.
Here's the new forge setup.
It took me a while to work up the nervier to put it together and test it. The major components are:
- 2 coffee cans (big uns)
- 2 square feet of Koa Wool cut 1 by 2 on order
- 7 or 8 leftover pavers from my patio project last summer to lift it up.
- 5 firebrick ( 1 * 4 * 8 as best I can tell)
- 2 of those bernzomatic instant on, swirl tip torches.
It gets hot. Darned hot. I've got two blades ready to normalize and I can't wait to try it out for real. The blade in this shot is a full weight scrap with a grind that would always cut in a circle counter clockwise. Good and crooked. Anyhow, it got hot fast and held it. Darned good stuff that Koa wool. Anyhow, nothing much else to post this week. I am off to the woods in the afternoon tomorrow... if I can stop working blades. :o)