Monday, October 22, 2012

The Lisbeth Project Wraps Up - Duracoat 10/22 Squirrel Rifle



Back in April I started a project to convert a group of spare parts into a squirrel rifle that I could abolutley abuse if needed.  Since nothing matched and some parts were cosmetically marginal, I decided that it owuld be worth the extra effort to try out Duracoat.  I've shown this in previous posts I think.  It was pretty simple to do and the all in one kits Lauer sells worked great.

This week, we crossed the six month mark for curing time for the painted parts.  I decided today was a good day to get to the range and test out full function.  It was a good test. 


The paint held up well.  The rifle places shots where I want and the trigger is superb.  The Weaver scope is probably the best I have used on a rimfire rifle.


It really likes the SKB Subsonic HP's.  I put about 100 of them through it without a failure to feed or a misfire.  The scope dialed in and the last 20 were on target.  I filled up both mags and headed off to the woods.

Sadly by 2 PM or so, there was almost no movement in the trees and none was what I was after.  Chipmunks are no fun to shoot at all...  They are entirely too cute.  :)

I'm sure this isn't her last appearence on these pages but for now, this is all I got.  Next week we'll do a whole day and see how she does.

No comments: