It looks as though I will get about 20 total hunting days in 2008 assuming no complications. The best part of that from my current perspective is that 5 of them will be in the next 32 days. Man do I love this archery hunting thing. Deer hunting every monday for two months and two weeks in the fall should be something amazing. I am sad that the squirrel thing is going to suffer a bit in terms of days spent at it in the field. Growth and evolution are part of aging I guess. Best not to get to fixed on the 'way it is' in any of my endevours. I was once described as a fart in a strong wind by someone who didn't see it that way. I envy folks like that their contenment with the way life is and hope I never run out of energy for trying new things.
The year ahead should be an interesting mix. Things on the radar include:
- Project Ranger
- Mrs. Hunter is having both kness reworked in Feb.
- I have three good books to read, all by Alan Eckert and will get more when these are done.
- There's a fence to seal and a deck to build in the early parts of summer.
- I will get to the range at Tranquility one day monthly this year from Feb to August. My skill have eroded a bit and I am not pleased with it.
- Everyone agrees a beach vacation is in order in late spring.
- Bow workups as needed to keep something like skills. (range is really close for this :-)
- I will be ready to run a 5k by August 1. I just have to not die in the process.
- preseason scounting and stand placement.
- Lots of hunting in the fall....
- Being a dad and husband throughout. :-) Truly the best part of it.